Calorie counting inevitably goes for a toss during year end, what with gorging on luscious Christmas goodies and New Year parties. Rather than skimping on bingeing, balance out the calories with a nutritious millet cake from food expert Rambabu.
- Grated coconut : 1 cup
- Coconut pieces : fistful
- Jaggery : ¾ cup
- Rock candy (misri) powder : 1 tsp
- Yeast : ½ tsp
- Cashews and raisins : a few
- Ghee : 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder : ½ tsp
- Roast the proso millet flour till golden yellow.
- Mix yeast and rock candy powder in a cup of hot water and keep it aside.
- Add a little water to the jaggery and heat on a low flame for five min and remove.
- Add proso millet flour and yeast mixture to the jaggery water and set aside the mixture for two hours.
- After two hours, add cardamom powder and grated coconut to the flour mixture and prepare a thick batter.
- Apply ghee to a deep plate and pour the mixture in the plate till it is half-full.
- Add cashews, raisins and coconut pieces and steam the mixture for 12-15 min.
- Cut it into small pieces and serve.
- People suffering with asthma should avoid coconut pieces.
- All kinds of millets may be used to prepare this recipe.